Looking for an easy way to get your accounting done?
QuickBooks software can be easily learned by the beginners. The people involved in creating this software can be contacted anytime in order to learn to operate the software.
Every time a new or unacquainted user starts using the QuickBooks, it is likely that he/she will encounter an error. These errors are displayed with a specific code. These error codes display the message that gives an idea to the user of what it is about. One such QuickBooks error code is 6177. It conveys that the company file will not be accessed anywhere except where it is located as the path is unknown to the computer. This error usually occurs when the file is set to multi-user mode.
The developers have carefully studied the error and found the common cause of the same. It is explained below:
1. Unknown path
Every time a company file is accessed, a connection is made between the path of the file with the source or from where it is originated. On failing to recognize the path of company file, QuickBooks sometimes encounters an error with the code 6177.
Solutions of this error:
1. Changing the location of file on Hard Drive
The QuickBooks error code 6177 can be instantly resolved by changing the location of the file and saving it on the hard drive. This can be done by religiously following the steps below:
• First, move the file from the server to “drive c” on the system.
• Next, access the company file in QuickBooks from “drive c”.
• Now, save the file in a portable folder in the drive c.
• Again, select the company file and access it from the server.
2. Updated version of QuickBooks
The users are asked to make sure that they are running their files on an updated version of QuickBooks. Every product of Intuit has its recent or updated version available on the website. So, it is advised to upgrade the QuickBooks from the website itself in order to resolve the error.
3. Resolve automatically
The errors can be instantly solved by running a file check using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. To do so, open the software or install it. This software is primarily used to rectify the errors found in the software.
4. Fix the error manually
A QuickBooks error can also be sorted manually without installing QuickBooks File Doctor. This solution is an alternative when the user is unable to install the QuickBooks Doctor File on a system. To begin with, first close the active applications of QuickBooks and follow the steps given below:
• Delete files with the.ND (Network Description) extension.
• Open the folder that contains all the files and look for the company file.
• Right-click on the selected files and delete it permanently.
• Organize the QuickBooks in the database of server manager. To do so, choose the Start menu and select Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
• In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window, choose the Add Folder button.
• Undergo a quick scan of the files by choosing the Scan button.
5. Manipulate the hosting of the QuickBooks file
The hosting of the company can be adjusted in order to resolve the error. This can be done by the user by simply opening QuickBooks. Choose File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access from the File menu and choose the Yes button. Re-launch the QuickBooks and repeat the step and de-activate the hosting. Next, open the company file by choosing File > Open or Restore company.
6. Company file opened via a local path
Rarely, it is seen that files opened on a hosting computer on a mapped drive leads to the display of the QuickBooks error 6177. The user should ensure that file is located on a local path; this can be checked by following the steps given below:
• Press and hold Windows along with letter E on the keyboards; the computer window is displayed.
• Next, right-click on company file folder; a flyout is displayed. Select the Properties option.
• In the Properties window, look for the type of the drive. The Network Drive type ensures that the file is located on mapped drive.
• Make sure to launch the file on a local path.
The author is well versed with all forms of QuickBooks error support and has written several articles related to them from time to time. He also writes about QuickBooks Customer Service from other companies from time to time. Get More Information here: http://www.quick-books.support/